To apply via Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise for Admission to Secondary One in 2024 at Maris Stella High School, current Primary 6 male students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Academic entry requirements (PSLE Score) eligible for Posting Group 3 and must offer Chinese as Mother Tongue Language
- Requirements stated for the area of talent that he is interested in
Please note that meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted / given an offer.
MSHS Sports and Games Requirements
(a) Applicants should preferably have represented his primary school, participated in international, regional or national competition(s) in one of the following sports:
(b) Key player of the School team who achieved Top 8 placing at National Inter-Primary School Competition(s), or
(c) Individuals who achieved Top 8 placing in their individual events at National Inter-Primary School Competition(s), or
(d) Individuals with outstanding achievements.
MSHS Aesthetics Requirements
(a) Applicants should preferably be a member of the following Performing Arts CCA in 2022 and 2023
(b) Shortlisted applicants must be able to perform using a Chinese instrument or Concert Band instrument such as brass, woodwind and/or percussion.
MSHS Scouts Requirements
(a) Applicants must be a member of the Cub Scouts in 2022 and 2023;
(b) Actively involved in the Scouts Movement; and
(c) Achieved at least the Gold Arrow.
MSHS Clubs and Societies Requirements
(a) Applicants should preferably be a member in one of these CCAs in 2022 and 2023
Chinese Language – Drama and Debate
English Literary – Debate and Scrabble
Media Arts / Film / Photography
(b) Represented his primary school in relevant competitions
(c) Certification in relevant skills.
(i) Visual Art – Media Arts / Film / Photography:
- Portfolio in Photography/Video-making/Digital Media (Soft copy)
- Experience and competency in using media software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro etc.
- Experience in EV3 and Scratch Programming
- Experience in either Python or C++ Programming is a bonus
- Participated in NJRC/FLL/WRG/APYRC or other international/national robotics competitions and obtained a good standing in either the main or side events
MSHS Chinese Language Requirements
- Have strong command of Chinese Language in both spoken and written form;
- Display strong interest and high aptitude for Chinese; and
- Have participated in Chinese Language-related and/or Chinese cultural events or competitions.
Other than participation in school-wide activities which aim to deepen the understanding and learning of Chinese Language and tradition, successful applicants will also be enrolled in the school’s bicultural programme and Chinese Language-related competitions.
1. Candidates who are shortlisted are required to go through DSA selection conducted by the school.
2. Depending on the number of applications and vacancies, shortlisted applicants will be notified via email to attend a in-person selection exercise which will be conducted between 26 June– 25 August 2023.
3. Shortlisted applicants will be informed of the exact date, time and venue for the audition/trial.
4. Letters will be issued to all shortlisted applicants by 11 September 2023 (Monday), informing them if they have been given a Confirmed Offer, placed on the Waiting List or being Rejected.
5. Students given a Confirmed Offer are guaranteed a place in the school provided they qualify for the Posting Group 3 of study.
4 May, 11am –
31 May 2023, 3pm
Submission of online DSA Application Form
By 30 June 2023
School to send e-mail notification to shortlisted applicants.
26 June – 25 August 2023
In-person selection exercise for shortlisted applicants.
By 11 September 2023
School to inform shortlisted applicants of the selection outcome.
How To Apply
Application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 4 May 2023, 11 am to 31 May 2023, 3pm. For more details, please refer to MOE website – https://www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec.
In your submission, please provide information such as position played in the sports, belt attainment in taekwondo, wushu specialization, instrument played and grade level, whichever is applicable for the talent area that you are applying. This information will help in the shortlisting and arrangement of selection exercise schedule.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for from year 1-4.
For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
31 May 2023, 3pm
Useful MOE weblinks
DSA-Sec Main Webpage
Instructions on Application (Mainstream students)
Instructions on Application (Non Mainstream Students)
Direct to DSA-Sec Portal (Mainstream Students)
* go live on 4 May, 11am
Direct to DSA-Sec Portal
(Non Mainstream Students)
* go live on 4 May, 11am
DSA-Sec School Finder